Mung beans are small green beans that belong to the legume family. They are slightly sweeter compared to other beans and versatile. Enjoy as a key ingredient for Buddha bowls, in soups and stews or scattered on salads.
About Organic Mung Beans
Our organic mung beans are completely natural and organic and once cooked can be enjoyed hot or cold. Mung beans are one of the best sources of vegan protein and essential amino acids including phenylalanine and leucine.
Many people enjoy mung beans as part of a healthy, balanced diet to contribute to reduce cholesterol and high blood pressure. This is because they are rich in fibre, magnesium and potassium, which have many health benefits associated with them.
• 100% organic
• Rich in vegan protein
• Good source of fibre
• Contains essential vitamins including B vitamins
• Contains essential minerals including folate and manganese
• Once cooked can be enjoyed hot or cold
How to prepare
1. Soak for 4-6 hours or overnight.
2. Rinse, add to a pan and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
4. Drain and serve.
Ways to use mung beans
• Sprinkle on salads
• Add to stir fries for a good source of vegan protein
• Add to Buddha bowls along with brown rice or quinoa, mushrooms and kale
• Scatter in to vegetable stews and chunky soups
• Try sprouting mung beans and add the sprouts to salad
You can buy organic mung beans online in a range of sizes including bulk which is ideal for small businesses, cafes and restaurants. We deliver to most of the UK and throughout Europe with fast and reliable delivery times.
Organic Mung Beans
Packed on premises that handles nuts (including peanuts), seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
1. Soak for 4-6 hours or overnight. 2. Rinse, add to pan and bring to a boil. 3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until tender. 4. Drain and serve.
– saturates (g)0.3
– sugars (g)1.5