Our organic green speckled lentils are French style and can be prepared and enjoyed in the same way as other lentils. Lentils are versatile and a great source of vegan protein.
About Organic Green Speckled Lentils (French Style)
Our organic green speckled lentils are French style and can be prepared and enjoyed in the same way as other lentils. They are easy to prepare and very quick to cook, simply bring to the boil and simmer for around 20 minutes in hot water or stock. Lentils are versatile and can be enjoyed in Buddha bowls, lentil regus or even made into veggie burgers and vegan meatballs.
How to cook
Our green speckled French style lentils are easy to prepare. Simply;
• Bring a pan of water to the boil and add your desired amount of lentils to the pan
• Bring back to the boil
• Simmer for 20 minutes until soft.
• If you wish to season your lentils it is important to do so after cooking. If you add salt before or during cooking it can cause your lentils to go tough.
Ways to enjoy
Here are a few ways you can enjoy using our green speckled lentils:
• Vegan spaghetti bolognese / lentil ragu
• Lentil soup
• Red lentil dahl
• Golden lentil burger
• Creamy spinach, lentil and courgette green curry
• Lentil and sweet potato stew
You can buy organic green speckled lentils online in small or bulk sizes depending on your needs. We deliver to most of the UK and throughout Europe with fast delivery times that are suited to you.
Organic Green Speckled Lentils (French Style)
Packed on premises that handles nuts (including peanuts), seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
1. Rinse, add to pan and bring to a boil over a medium heat. 2. Reduce the heat to low, add a pinch of salt and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
– saturates (g)0.2
– sugars (g)1.2