Organic butter beans , also known as lima beans, have a deliciously subtle buttery flavour and a soft, smooth texture. They are often used in baking sweet treats for their moisture and the texture it can add to a bake. Try making butter bean dip instead of hummus or add to stews for added protein.
About Organic Butter Beans
Organic butter beans , also known as lima beans, have a deliciously subtle flavour and soft texture. They are often used in baking sweet treats for their moisture and the texture it can add to a bake. Try making butter bean dip instead of hummus or add to stews for added protein.
These beans are popular amongst vegetarians and vegans for their versatility and nutrients. Butter beans are packed full of vitamins and minerals such as iron.
• High in protein
• Good source of fibre
• Low in fat
• Low in sugar
• Versatile in both sweet and savoury foods
• Long shelf life
• Full of vitamins and minerals
How to cook butter beans
• Cover with plenty of water and leave overnight.
• If in a hurry use boiling water and leave to stand for 2 hours.
• Drain and cook in fresh water for 1-2 hours or 30 minutes in a pressure cooker
• Add to recipes as instructed
Ways to use organic butter beans
• Add to slow cooker stews for stress free Autumnal dinners
• Use in baking for the perfect brownies
• Add to desserts for added texture and moisture
• Make butter bean dip instead of traditional hummus recipes
• Use in Lebenese style foods with added spices
• Add to chowder recipes
You can buy organic butter beans online in a range of sizes including bulk. Whether you are keen in the kitchen or own a small business, cafe or restaurant, buying in bulk can save you time and money. We deliver to most of the UK and throughout Europe with delivery times to suit you.
Organic Butter Beans
Packed on premises that handles nuts (including peanuts), seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
1. Soak for 6-8 hours or overnight. 2. Rinse, add to pan and bring to a boil. 3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 60 minutes or until soft. 5. Drain and serve.
– saturates (g)0.4
– sugars (g)3.6