Organic black turtle beans, also known as just black beans, are rich in fibre and protein and is a popular ingredient in Latin American cuisine. They have a dense, meaty texture that adds substance to vegetarian dishes such as stews.
About Organic Black Turtle Beans
Organic black turtle beans, also known as just black beans, are rich in fibre and protein and are a popular ingredient in Latin American cuisine. They have a dense, meaty texture that adds substance to vegetarian dishes such as stews making them popular with vegans as a reliable protein source.
They are small in size and have a shiny skin making them recognisable amongst other varieties of beans.
Benefits of organic black turtle beans
• High in protein
• Rich source of fibre
• Good source of vitamins and minerals
• Good source of iron
• Low in fat
• Low in sugar
• Long shelf life
• Easy to prepare
How to prepare
Dried beans must be soaked prior to cooking to remove any toxins and reduce cooking time.
• Soak in a bowl of water and leave overnight
• Drain from the water and transfer to a pan of boiling water
• Bring to the boil and simmer for 1.5 – 2 hours
• Drain and use in recipes as instructed
Ways to enjoy organic black turtle beans
• Add to vegetarian stews for a delicious protein source
• Use to in brownie recipes to add moisture and texture
• Mexican black bean burritos
• Mexican inspired refried beans
• Cuban black bean soup served with rice
Whether you have used black beans before or are new to discovering these meaty beans we are sure you will love them. You can buy black beans online in small or bulk sizes depending on your needs with delivery available to most of the UK and throughout Europe.
Organic Black Turtle Beans
Packed on premises that handles nuts (including peanuts), seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
1. Soak for 4-6 hours or overnight. 2. Rinse, add to pan and bring to a boil. 3. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until soft. 5. Drain and serve.
– saturates (g)0.6
– sugars (g)2.9