About Organic Amaranth Grain
Amaranth grain is the seed of the amaranth plant. It is an excellent source of protein and fibre and offers a great source of minerals such as iron and magnesium.
Amaranth grain was traditionally a staple food for many years ago. It is similar to rice or maize and can be prepared in the same way. It can also be used to make porridge and is great paired with honey and topped with sliced banana and almonds for a healthy start to the day. Due to its natural flavour that is neither sweet nor savoury, amaranth grain can be enjoyed in many ways.
It is popular in Mexico where it is used to make candy during festival times such as Day of The Dead.
Benefits of Organic Amaranth Grain
• 100% organic
• Low in fat
• High in fibre
• Good source of vegan protein
• Little to no sugar
• Does not contain any gluten containing ingredients
Ways to prepare and enjoy
• Can be popped and used as a cereal or sprinkled on fruit and yoghurt
• Add 2 parts water to 1 part amaranth to make a nutritious porridge. Top with honey, nuts and fresh blueberries or banana
• Prepare like rice and use as a base for salads
• Toast in a pan and use to coat tofu to make vegan ‘fish’ fingers
• Use to make breakfast cereal bars to snack on
You can buy organic amaranth grain online in a range of sizes for delivery to the UK and throughout Europe.
Organic Amaranth Grain
Packed on premises that handles nuts (including peanuts), seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
1. Combine grain with two and a half cups water in a pot and bring to a boil. 2. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for up to 20 minutes, until grains are fluffy and water is absorbed.
Fat (g)6.5 –
Carbohydrates (g)56.8 –